The US president will largely keep away from London throughout his time within the nation as mass protests are anticipated towards his “zero-tolerance” strategy to immigration and divisive rhetoric.
Mr Trump has already ruffled feathers this week at a Nato summit in Brussels and is unlikely to flee additional controversy whereas in Britain.
The US President has a busy schedule for the subsequent few days. That is what’s arising:
- Mr Trump will arrive into Stansted airport round lunchtime, recent from the Nato summit in Brussels.
- The President and First Girl will greet folks on the US Embassy in London.
- The couple will attend a black-tie dinner on the Grade I-listed Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire hosted by Theresa Could. Different company are set to incorporate leaders from enterprise sectors, celebrating the enterprise hyperlinks between the UK and US.
- Mr Trump and his spouse will spend Thursday night time at Winfield Home in Regent’s Park, which is the US Ambassador’s residence in London.
- Mr Trump will meet once more with the prime minister and can go to to a defence website.
- The 2 leaders will then journey to Chequers, the Prime Minister’s nation home, for what’s being billed as “substantive bilateral talks on a spread of international coverage points” throughout a working lunch.
- Mr Trump will meet the Queen at Windsor Fortress. The Queen and Mr Trump will examine the Guard of Honour earlier than watching the navy march previous. Then, the couple will be part of the Queen for tea.
- Mr Trump will head to Scotland for the weekend. He might be welcomed by David Mundell, the Secretary of State for Scotland.
- Mr Trump is believed to be spending the weekend enjoying golf at his Turnberry resort in South Ayrshire, which he purchased in 2014, though there was no official affirmation of his plans.
- President Trump and the First Girl are anticipated to depart the nation.
Please permit a second for our liveblog to load