> Website is All About News

Women support remaining in the EU by 12-point margin, poll finds


Girls again staying within the European Union (EU) by a 12-point margin, based on a brand new ballot.

A complete of 56 per cent of girls questioned by YouGov for the Folks’s Vote marketing campaign supported remaining within the bloc compared to 44 per cent who had been completely satisfied for Britain to depart. 

The margin was tighter amongst males as 51 per cent backed stay, in comparison with 49 per cent who nonetheless wished to depart. 

The findings got here earlier than the launch of a brand new marketing campaign group known as Girls for a Folks’s Vote which goals to “put ladies’s voices on the entrance” of the Brexit debate.

The ballot discovered that virtually three-quarters of girls (73 per cent) are involved that guarantees made by politicians will likely be damaged whereas solely 13 per cent of girls assume it’s probably Britain will handle to safe an excellent deal earlier than it leaves the bloc.

A complete of 83 per cent are of the opinion that the method of leaving the EU has been a large number, with 86 per cent of girls aged over 45 despairing essentially the most in regards to the course of.

The survey discovered that after Brexit, 35 per cent imagine the NHS will worsen, 44 per cent assume the financial system will likely be weaker and 45 per cent assume taxes will enhance.

It additionally prompt that greater than half (58 per cent) of girls excluding don’t is aware of supported a Folks’s Vote on the ultimate Brexit deal.

YouGov polled 18,772 adults on-line between 31 July and 20 August.

The analysis was revealed to coincide with the Girls for a Folks’s Vote launch. The group argues that the Brexit debate has been “dominated by males” via the under-representation of girls within the media and a scarcity of females in senior civil service and political positions.

“Girls have been shut out from the Brexit debate because the very starting. Within the run-up to the referendum, voices weren’t heard and points that affected ladies weren’t mentioned,” campaigner Caroline Criado-Perez stated. ”Since Article 50 has been triggered nothing has modified and male voices and considerations proceed to dominate. It’s not ok. Girls are set to be disproportionately affected by Brexit: we will likely be silenced not.”

Ms Criado-Perez will likely be joined by comic and political commentator Ayesha Hazarika, columnist Rachel Johnson and chairwoman of the Royal School of Nursing Maria Trewern to speak in regards to the impact of Brexit and name for a Folks’s Vote on the ultimate deal.

Extra reporting by Press Affiliation


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: